Tips For Moving During Winter
Benefits of Moving During Winter
Do you know that some people choose to move during the colder weather of the year? This
may come as a surprise, but there are actually some benefits to it.
So, if you’re one of those people who don’t have any other choice but to move in the middle of winter, you may even reap the benefits of moving during this season. On the other hand, if you have the luxury of choosing the time of the year you move, you may even consider choosing this time as well!
So, what are even those benefits we are talking about? There are two of them!
1.Flexible Dates for Moving
2. Cost Saving and Deals
Most moving companies work mainly during summertime when the weather is warm. Because of this, some people who need to move don’t get plenty of options when it comes to choosing which company to hire.
And because the warmer days are the peak season of moving companies, they tend to charge more. On the other hand, moving companies are likely to charge less due to lower demand. So, if you are on a budget, this might be a good time for you to move.
Important Things to Know When Moving in Winter
While moving during the colder season comes with great perks, keep in mind that it also comes with more caution. Here are tips to keep in mind about moving during the harsh weather.
1. Keep yourself comfortable. Make sure that the heating unit in your vehicle works effectively and make added warm clothes and beverages handy.
2. Prepare yourself for the worst possible weather. While moving during the winter is a more affordable option, having to deal with the unexpected storm could make things costlier for you. you depend on a period of calm weather an unexpected storm could prove costly.
3. Expect traffic and roadblocks. It’s important to regularly check up on the route you’re going during the winter. Always look out for blockage because of the weather or road works and heavy traffic.
4. Make sure to use a trusted company. In a risky condition, experience makes all the difference. So, make sure that you only hire trusted companies to help you with this process. Skilled movers with a lot of experience will know how to navigate a winter move securely for the best possible result.
Packing Tips for Moving in the Winter Season
Some items must not be transported in a moving truck during a harsh cold condition. These items are the following:
• Liquids that could freeze and explode in their containers. This includes, but is not limited to food products, liquid toiletries, and others.
• Lacquer-finished furniture. This is because this finish may be damaged by exposure to very cold temperatures.
Note: Lacquer finished furniture can be wrapped using insulating materials. However, keep in mind that any damage, which results from exposure to cold won’t be covered by your moving company protection plan.
You can also consider arranging a third-party transport in a temperature-controlled vehicle if you’re transporting valuable items.
You can also consider moving them in your personal heated vehicle. Or if that’s not possible, then maybe donate them to those who will need them.
Don’t be Afraid to Schedule a Winter Move
You have to remember that moving during the winter season is not a bad idea at all. In fact, it’s a great time to move for the reasons mentioned above. So, if you have the luxury of choosing the time to move, don’t steer away from this time of the year!
Your Best Moving Solution
Here’s one last perk of winter moves: Winter is not a traditionally busy season for moving companies, so you will also have to choose the best, most trusted moving companies!
The professional, certified movers at Poseidon Moving & Storage are experienced in moving regardless of what time of the year it is. Save yourself from stress and risk of injury by hiring the right people who will guarantee you a stress-free move to your next loving home! So, what are you waiting for? Call now and get your FREE quote today!