Things you should know when it comes to moving into your dorm
The big day is just around the corner and you’re getting ready to start packing and preparing to move to college. At Poseidon Moving and Storage, we know that moving to college can be a struggle for a number of reasons. For one, narrow entryways and staircases can present a particular issue in getting settled into dorm life. Secondly, there’s the hassle of trying to squeeze into cramped elevators with other students, their families, and their belongings.
There’s no need to round up your friends for help only to feel the frustration of bumping shoulders when moving into the dorm. Call on Poseidon Moving and Storage for all of your college packing and college moving needs! Today, we will be detailing our college moving services and giving you a few helpful tips to make your move-in day a success.
Student Movers Boston
Poseidon Moving and Storage’s professional college movers are here to make your move to college experience to remember rather than a day to dread. Regardless of whether you are a college freshmen moving into on-campus housing or a college senior looking for movers to help get you settled into your off-campus apartment, Poseidon Moving and Storage is here to assist you.
Our team of professionally trained movers knows exactly how to handle tight corners, move up and down stairs with ease, and operate in crowded spaces. While you and your family focus on this important milestone, Poseidon Moving and Storage will work skillfully and efficiently to get you settled into dorm life more quickly.
Best of all, our college moving services are affordable and fairly priced. At Poseidon Moving and Storage, we know that college is expensive and we won’t overcharge you for a better college moving experience. Save those extra dollars and cents for the rest of the year and let our college movers give you high quality moving services at rates you can afford. Our services include local, and long distance moving.
Booking your move has never been this easy and stress-free. Let the professionals get the job done for you.
Our team goes through thorough training by management to ensure each person truly understands their role.
Poseidon Moving offers high-quality service at affordable rates for your local/interstate/commercial moves.
Bostons and NYC award-winning service of 2017 & 2018
Poseidon Moving offers easy to use software to help you manage your quote online, live GPS tracking system.
Our agents can be available for you at any time by email
Boston University Movers
When it comes to your move to college, our Poseidon Moving and Storage movers do their homework. We are well aware that move-in days can be a chaotic time on campus. That’s why we do the necessary research to make sure we know the best places to park our trucks and ensure we are up to speed on all residence hall move-in guidelines ahead of time.
Your move to college doesn’t have to be overly difficult. Dorm life is a fun experience where you’ll make memories to last a lifetime and Poseidon Moving and Storage is grateful to be part of your first day on campus. Let our professional movers take care of the hard part while you and your family show us where to place your belongings and enjoy the fun of decorating your dorm!
Student Storage Boston
Being prepared for your college move-in day is one of the best ways to get your semester started off on the right foot. That’s why our professional movers would like to extend some college packing advice that you’re sure to appreciate. Here are 5 of our favorite college packing prep tips and tricks!
1. Have books you’re carrying to college? Make sure to pack your books horizontally in
small but sturdy boxes. This ensures that the spine of your books won’t be bent or
otherwise damaged during the moving process.
2. Don’t leave yourself any extra work to do after you’re moved in! Make sure all of your clothes are nice and clean before packing them. Fold all of your clothes neatly and pack them according to clothing type. A little pre-move organization can take a load off of your shoulders once you’re settled into your dorm.
3. Keep an inventory list! Whether you’re headed to Boston University or a college on the
opposite side of the country, you’ll want to make sure that you know where everything is at all times. It would be a shame to leave something behind. Make sure your Poseidon Moving and Storage movers know exactly what they’ll be moving and give yourself a little extra peace of mind with a list.
4. When packing up heavier items like dishes, When packing up dishes please make sure to use a thicker cardboard dish bill box if available. Make sure to stuff your box with packing paper at the bottom, at all 4 sides and over the top. Make sure to wrap your fragile dishes with packing paper, or bubble wrap. Mark your box as fragile so movers are aware, and nothing heavy is being put on top of it inside the truck during the load.
5. Pack some sturdy storage bins to aid in an organization during your year. Success in college is all about organization and you might be surprised how much having a little extra storage space for miscellaneous items will help you out in dorm life.