Moving To NYC
20 Reasons To Move to New York
The world is full of amazing places and cities. However, there is no city like New York. This place, full of culture, movement, and people, is the center of the world and where many of us would like to live.
If you, like us, would like to live in New York, surely you have already thought about all the points below. These are the reasons why you would like to live in New York:
1. Because of its history:Between the arrival of immigrants, the Chinatown, the Jewish quarter, factories in the Meatpacking District, there is much to know and much to learn about this historical and multicultural city.
2. They have delicious pizza, at all hours, and super cheap: they are the equivalent of tacos in Mexico. One dollar slices and one open spot in each corner. Delicious!
3. You feel like in a movie all the time: because almost all the stories happen there and it really is a magical city!
4. The pace of the city is incredible: people go very fast and don’t stop for anything. If you decide to stay in the middle of the tumult to contemplate the movement, you will find a catharsis of the most incredible and unexpected.
5. It has everything you can imagine: restaurants, bars, museums, parks, outdoor activities, conventions, spiritual groups, courts, offices, music. There is nothing that New York does not have.
6. It is the center of the world in many ways: the world is greatly influenced by the culture and economy of this place. Big deals close here, and big trends start in the Big Apple.
7. It has the most beautiful parks in the world: Central Park, the High-line, Brooklyn Bridge Park, many more! They are the perfect place to escape the noise and tumult of the city and for a moment.
8. The architecture is spectacular: who wouldn’t fall in love every day to see the Empire State Building? Or how about the buildings in the Financial District? They say that in New York you walk looking up at the imposing and beautiful buildings … And it’s true!
9. The food is delicious: being such a multicultural city, you can find everything: from the best sushi to tacos, gyros, gourmet (and non-gourmet) pizza and its traditional and very New York bagels.
10. There is an impressive creative culture everywhere: everywhere you go, you will find some people are dancing, singing, painting, imagining. It is the place where the most creative people from all over the United States go to exploit their talents and make the city a unique experience.
11. There are many beautiful boys and girls: many movies are filmed here, the fashion week as well. In general, it is a large part of the entertainment world’s moves. That’s why people go there to try to “jump to fame,” and by people, we mean models, actors, musicians, etc. All are gorgeous!
12. Because of Frank Sinatra: Frank Sinatra dedicated a song to this wonderful city, and like him, many other celebrities have fallen in love with the streets of the Big Apple. From painter Norman Rockwell and artist Andy Warhol to celebrities like Brooke Shields and Lena Dunham, these people love New York with madness and debauchery.
13. You can go to the best concerts: For obvious reasons, all the bands in the world want to play in New York. So, if you are a fan of a band, you can surely see them live there. Usually, there are great concerts in Madison Square Garden to small gigs of unknown bands in super cool bars.
14. Go to the best museums: the MOMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim Museum, the galleries of Chelsea, and the Cloisters are just a few. There are many museums of all kinds to lose hours in the middle of the most iconic pieces of art of all time.
15. See all the urban art you want: If you are a lover of urban art, you can find things from artists such as Mike Cuomo, Banksy, AVANT, Basquiat, and more in Brooklyn.
16. It is the perfect place to be unique: Here, it doesn’t matter how you dress, what music you listen to, how much money you have or what you want to make of your life. Individuality is something celebrated in this city.
17. New Yorkers have a special way to experience the city: they do not drive or horn at each intersection. Well, taxi drivers do. But thanks to the public transportation system and their need to walk, they live in the city of the future.
18. The change of seasons is incredible: spring is beautiful, summer is the hottest, and in autumn, the trees turn orange and throw all their leaves. Finally, in winter, there are snow and Christmas lights everywhere. It’s like a dream.
19. It is close to the beach: if you like to go to the beach, there are many options nearby on Staten Island, Long Beach and the Hamptons.
20. The city never sleeps: Finally, it is a city that is always active, preparing the next surprise to make you fall in love even more … What are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Question About Living in NYC
How much do I need to make to live in NYC?
Renting a room in a shared apartment of medium quality in Manhattan can cost you between 1,500 and 2,000 dollars a month. If we want something cheaper, we can look in Queens, where the room can leave us for between 300 and 600 dollars a month.
Is New York the best city in the world?
NYC is in top 10 best cities in the world. In fact, a study involving 18,557 people from 26 countries, between 16 and 64 years old, found that out of 60 cities, New York is the ideal place to settle.
Who were the first settlers in NY?
The Dutch were the first Europeans to settle in the area. In 1614, they built Fort Nassau. In 1626, Peter Minuit, governor of the Dutch West Indies Company, bought the island of Manhattan from the Indians for $24 and created a colonywhich he called New Amsterdam.
Is Bronx a dangerous area in New York?
It is not fair to say that the entire Bronx is dangerous. However, the worst part is the southern part of the Bronx, known as the South Bronx. Apart from being a very poor area and without too much tourist attraction, it is a gang zone and where drug trafficking abounds.